We are not offering a winter share this season (2019-2020)
6 weeks (every other week) | mid-November through late January
The winter share consists of six bi-weekly deliveries available for pick up on Saturdays at the Inwood Farmer’s Market, Garden City Waldorf School and at Hawthorne Valley Farm.
New this year! In the past we have worked with Full Plate Farm to grow the winter share, but this year we will be supplying the winter produce ourselves! We will partner with a few other farms in order to supply a high quality and variety of vegetables and fruits.
Winter Share Delivery Dates (all Saturdays):11/18, 12/2, 12/16, 12/30, 1/13, 1/27
Cost: One winter vegetable share is $235 at Inwood and Harlemville.Garden City pick-up is $240 to cover the additional delivery costs. Price increase from last year is due to the addition of exciting new partnerships to include fruit and other added-value items!You may also choose to add eggs to your bi-weekly delivery. $30 for the season.
- Inwood: Inwood Greenmarket, Isham Street between Cooper Street and Seaman Avenue, NY NY
- Garden City: The Waldorf School of Garden City, 225 Cambridge Avenue, Garden City NY
- Harlemville: Hawthorne Valley Farm, 327 County Route 21C, Ghent NY
What’s in a Winter Share?
The Share is packed in a 1/2 bushel box and filled to the brim with organic and Biodynamic produce. This year’s winter share may include: winter squash, beets, high-tunnel salad greens, pea shoots, garlic, leeks, kale, collards, carrots, daikon radish, turnips, braising greens, spinach, cabbage, fennel, potatoes, kohlrabi, onions, and napa cabbage.
Each week you will also receive either 1/2 gallon of apple cider or 1/2 peck of apples.
We will partner with the following farms for other types of produce:
- Thompson Finch Farm – potatoes
- Miller’s Crossing Farm – sweet potatoes
- Rock City Mushrooms – oyster and shiitake mushrooms
- Red Fire Farm – carrots and assorted roots